Most of us have settled into a new normal of remote work at home but that does not mean your travel life should take a pause. Mountain towns are up and running, the weather is cooling down and the aspens are beginning to change. Now is a great time to take an extended trip while still getting your work done remotely and safely distancing from others.
Small towns have adapted to the pandemic by offering delivery services, increased outdoor seating and reducing capacity at popular spots. Hotels are always an option but to really be able to setup a remote office, renting a home would be the best option. Rentalz and Deluxuri are great sources to find the mountain dream home to make yours for the week.
Grocery stores are open but to help keep up with social distancing it is best to have them deliver right to you. Some delivery services offer same day or can have them in your home and stocked before you arrive.
When you do need to get away from the “office” for some food try these restaurants with great outdoor seating options.
- Snake River Brewing - Snake River offers a large selection of in-house brewed beers and an impressive menu of delicious food all served on their very large outdoor patio.
- Teton Thai Plate - A taste of Thailand in the the heart of downtown Jackson. Also there is one in Teton Village
- Mangy Moose Saloon - Beer, Pizza, Steaks, Burgers, Salads…they have it all. Located right at the Base of Jackson Ski Resort.
- The Deck @ Piste - Best views hands down. Take up the free gondola for an unforgettable view while having some dinner.
When the weekend comes, it's time to have some fun. Whether you are alone or with the family, these activities will get you outside while still being able to distance from groups.
- Ride the free gondola at Jackson Hole. Once atop you can mountain bike, hike or just find a secluded spot and relax while taking in the views.
- Fly Fishing - Fish the world class waters with a local guide at Grand Fishing Adventures
- Grand Teton National Park - Take the family on and early trip though Teton Park to spot wildlife or take a quick hike to Taggert Lake.
- Rent a bike and explore Jacksons extensive urban trail system.
- Take a drive. The town of Jackson partnered with a company to create an audio guide for Teton NP and nearby Yellowstone. Check it out here.